What is the Habitat ReStore?
The Santa Fe Habitat for Humanity ReStore is one of eight Habitat ReStores in New Mexico. From the sales of donated materials, the ReStore contributes enough funds to help build many Santa Fe Habitat for Humanity homes per year. Through donations from businesses and individuals, the Habitat ReStore diverts large amounts of reusable materials from landfills and provides materials to the public at below retail prices.
To schedule a donation pick up or if you have questions about an item that you would like to donate that is not on this list, please call: 505-473-1114.
Is the Habitat ReStore open to the public?
Yes! Anyone is welcome to shop at the Habitat ReStore. Click here for our location and operating hours.
What does the Habitat ReStore sell?
Our inventory consists of, but is not limited to: furniture, appliances, doors, windows, cabinets, lighting and plumbing fixtures, hardware, tools, lumber, flooring, artwork, home goods and lots more! Check back often, our inventory changes daily.
How are the items priced at the Habitat ReStore?
Materials are sold to the public at below retail prices.
Where do items come from?
The Habitat ReStore accepts donations from contractors, suppliers, individuals, remodelers and property managers.
How often do you get new merchandise?
Our inventory changes daily.
What donations CAN the Habitat ReStore accept?
If your donation is not listed here, if you have a question about usability of an item, or you need to schedule a pick-up, please call (505) 473-1114. We also reserve the right to refuse certain donations due to time of year, inventory in the store, etc. Please call for specifics.
The ReStore WILL Accept:
Appliances: Cooktops, Stoves, Ovens, Dishwashers, Dryers, Microwaves, Refrigerators, Washers
- Must be in full working order, clean, and less than 15 years old.
- Non-working and older appliances may be dropped off for recycling.
Cabinets: Sets, Singles, Vanities
- Must be complete with all doors and drawers attached, no nails or screws sticking out; single cabinet doors acceptable-must be clean/unpainted.
- Cabinets must be clean, structurally sound with no visible damage.
Electronics: TV’s, Video Game Systems, Consumer Audio Equipment
- TV’s must be flat panel.
- No tube TV’s, CRT monitors, Projector TV’s,
- No Computers, No printers.
- All electronics must be in working order with all accessories.
Furniture: In good, resalable condition (no rips, stains, odors, or pet hair)
- Desks can only be accepted if solid wood, one piece, and household size (not larger than 4’ wide).
- No office, particle board, or L-shaped desks
- Mattress must be in like new condition, clean, and less than 2 years old.
- No baby furniture.
- No office chairs or cubicles. Filing cabinets and bookcases are accepted.
- No incomplete bed frames and no water bedframes.
- No entertainment cabinets.
- No pianos or organs.
- No sleeper sofas.
Heating and Cooling: AC, Furnaces, Hot Water Heaters, Swamp Coolers, Fans
- Must be in good, working order with all components.
- Furnaces, AC’s and hot water heaters must be less than 10 years old.
Housewares: Home Goods, Art/Décor, Flatware/Dishware, Cookware, Etc.
- No broken items.
- Must be new and bagged. Unused rigid insulation accepted.
Landscaping: Brick, Stone, Cinderblock, Lawn-care Tools, Slate, Cultured Stone
- Bricks, stone, and cinderblock must be palletized for pick up.
- Must be clean of mortar. No broken pieces.
Lighting & Electrical: Lamps, Chandeliers, Ceiling Fans, Breakers, Conduits, Connectors, Fuses, Etc.
- Light fixtures must be in working condition WITH mounting brackets.
- No florescent bulbs or fixtures.
- No ballasts with PCB’s.
- Minimum 6’ long with no nails or paint.
- Plywood, sheetrock minimum 4 x 4
- Must be framed. No glass.
- NO BUGS. Must be in like new condition, clean, and less than 2 years old.
Media: Books, CD’s DVD’s, Games, Vinyl Records, and Sheet Music
- Must be in clean resalable condition. Sets must be complete.
Flooring: Tile & Hardwood
- Minimum requirement for floor is 50 sq/ft
- No used carpet. Minimum requirement is 100 sq/ft
- Area rugs are accepted but must be clean. (no pet hair, stains, odors, rips)
Hardware: Nails, Screws, Door Hardware
- No paint or rust.
Pipe: PVC, Galvanized, Copper, Fittings
- Must be lead free.
- Minimum 6’
Plumbing: Sinks, Faucets, Bathtubs, Toilets, Bathroom Accessories, Shower Pans
- Toilets must be 1.6 GPF or less. Must be clean, like new condition, with no wax ring. No toilet seats. Toilets must be assembled.
- No cast iron tubs or sinks. Clawfoot tubs accepted.
- Bathtubs must be standard size (30 x 60).
- No jetted/jacuzzi tubs.
Roofing Material: Rolled Roofing Material, Roof Tiles, Pro Panel Metal, Bundles of New Shingles
- Must be in good usable condition.
Small Appliances: Coffee Makers, Disposals, Blenders, Toaster Ovens, Hot Plates, Etc.
- Must be clean, working condition, with all accessories.
Sporting Goods: Sport, Fitness, & Camping Gear
- No exercise machines. (Ellipticals, Treadmills, Rowing, Etc.)
- Stationary bikes accepted.
- Items must be working and clean.
- No basketball hoops.
- Free weights accepted.
Tools: Hand, Lawn & Power Tools.
- Must be in working condition & free of rust.
- Lawn mowers and gas tools must be empty of fuel.
Windows & Doors:
- No shower doors, mirrored closet doors, or oversized doors (standard size is 80” tall).
- No painted doors.
- Patio/Sliding glass doors must be vinyl clad only.
- Blinds must be wood or faux wood.
- Windows must be vinyl, double-pane, and under 6’ x 6’ (36sf/ft.) in size.
- Windows must be clean and intact.
- No garage doors. (Hardware accepted)
As we are only able to accept reusable materials, our staff may have to decline some materials. Please don’t be angry or insulted by our screening process. Our goal is to parlay the proceeds of our sales into the construction of Habitat homes. If we take items we cannot sell, we end up simply being a storage facility or a repository for the dump.
What donations will the Habitat ReStore NOT accept?
Automotive: No oil, brake fluid, antifreeze coolant, batteries, etc.
Ammo: No ammunition or other explosives.
Baby Items: No cribs, booster chairs, car seats, etc.
Blinds: No corded blinds.
Cast iron: No bathtubs, other than clawfoot tubs.
Chemicals: Unless in SEALED container, no insecticides, pesticides, drain cleaners or VOC’s.
Clothing: No clothing, okay to accept a bag or two for Big Brothers, Big Sisters.
Computers: No computers or peripherals like keyboard, mouse, printers, etc. Flat monitors ok.
Electronics: No CRT televisions or monitors (non-flat panel).
Glass: Glass or mirrors that are not in a frame or are broken.
Jetted Tubs: Includes hot tubs, jetted tubs, Jacuzzis, etc.
Ladders: No ladders, no exceptions.
Lead plumbing: No leaded plumbing products for potable water, older than 2014, i.e. faucets.
Light Tubes: No fluorescent tube style lights, CFL & LED okay.
Paint: Unless in SEALED container, no paint, stains, urethanes, lacquers, thinners, etc.
Pianos: No pianos, except digital.
Weapons: No guns.
*Any Item in Non-Sellable Condition*
PLEASE NOTE: We only accept reusable materials and our staff may have to decline some materials. Our goal is to raise funds from our sales to support Santa Fe Habitat for Humanity programs into the construction of Habitat homes. If we take items we cannot sell, we end up simply being a storage facility or a repository for the dump. It costs the ReStore money to take unsellable items to the dump.
How do I go about donating an item?
If you have good, reusable or new materials, you can drop them off at the ReStore during business hours. Please drive to the back of the store to our loading dock to unload your materials. Please go to the donations section of our web site for more details.
Will you pick items up?
Yes. We can schedule a pick-up of large items. Please give us a call at (505) 473-1114.
Where do the proceeds from the sales go?
Proceeds from the ReStore sales support the Santa Fe Habitat for Humanity’s building programs, which provide affordable home ownership for Santa Fe area residents.
Are my donations tax deductible?
Yes, your donation is tax deductible and you will receive a receipt for your donation.
Does the Habitat ReStore place a value on the items we donate?
No, you place the value on your donations.
How can my business get involved?
There are many ways local businesses can contribute:
- Financial donations
- Equipment donations
- Sponsor a special event for the Habitat ReStore
- Volunteer at the Habitat ReStore
- Donate materials to the Habitat ReStore
- Shop at the Habitat ReStore
How can I help?
The Habitat ReStore is always looking for volunteers to help with stocking shelves, picking up donations, and general store upkeep. Please check the Volunteer section of our site. Thank you!